1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? –It depends. I don’t mind knitting with acrylic sometimes – especially if it is for a child’s gift going to someone with dubious washing know-how. But I don’t search out acrylic for myself.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?— I am a new spinner with 3 wheels and I crochet.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)–I am sensitive to smoke and strong perfume.
4. How long have you been knitting?–Since grade school but not constantly. I consider myself to be an advanced knitter because I can figure just about anything out. That doesn’t mean that I don’t like simple knits.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?–Yes! just click on this link.
6. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)–Vanilla, warm smells, citrus, mint. No flowery stuff and I usually cannot tolerate anything too sweet, including some fruity smells – unless it is citrus.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?— I like chocolate, but can totally go without it for long periods. I prefer dark chocolate. I love coffee flavored things and sour candy.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?–I do beadwork (check out my monster-sized beadwork website), bead knitting and I also would like to get back into quilting.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)–I don’t own an MP3 player, but my computer can play MP3s. I have about 500 CDs of just about anything. I love Dave Matthews Band. I like ambient and new age music (relaxation type) and world/ethnic. I love sitar or eastern music, chants, celtic…. I could go on and on.
10. What’s your favorite color? Or do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can’t stand?— I wear a lot of blues and purples. I look really good in pinks, rose, raspberry and browns. I can’t do black or white or stark colors – they need to be greyed or muted usually. I am a combo of summer and winter coloring.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?— I am married and I have 3 furkids (one dog and 2 cats).
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)–I am doing what I want to do, so no big changes are in store. I would like to become more healthy, lose weight. I want to be a better person. I would love to be a published writer.
13. What is/are your favorite yarns to knit with?— I love fingering weight and lace weights, sock weight yarns. I don’t knit much with bulky stuff unless I am doing hats for kids. I don’t use many novelty yarns either, but I don’t say no to any yarn-type gifts.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?— Anything scratchy or anything that smells weird or feels greasy.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?–Shawls of any kind, felted things, socks.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?–Shawls, felted things, socks.
17. What are you knitting right now?–Another Clapotis. Hats for a party.
18. What do you think about ponchos?–They are okay. I think they look good on many people so I don’t know why there is so much fuss about them being "out".
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?–Circular but I have straights and use them.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?–I will use whatever I have. I love my Denise needles and my Swallowhill Casein needles. I just picked up 5 sizes of 14" Balene IIs straights and I am enjoying them too. I also love my tiny steel needles (size 0000 and 00000)
21. Are you a sock knitter? –Yes!
22. How did you learn to knit?–I taught myself and then got help from a friend’s mother.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?–1 year old
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?— I love Hoops and Yoyo (Hallmark), cats and dogs I have a small collection of frogs (but I am very picky about my frogs).
25. What is your favorite holiday?— Don’t have a favorite, but I love the Fall and my birthday is in the Fall.
26. Is there anything that you collect?–Yarn and fiber (for spinning), books and CDs.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?–Knitters & Interweave Knits. I will pick up the others if there is something in there that looks interesting.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?— I would love to have all the Barbara Walker’s stitch pattern books – other than that, check my Amazon.com list.